学长经验 2019-11-04 05:38:55
1. Don’t handle the vase as if it ________ made of steel.
A. is B. were C. has been D. had been
2. Eye doctors recommend that a child’s first eye exam ________ at the age of six months old.
A. was B. be C. were D. is
3. The boss, a frequent complainer, doesn’t slow down when I tried to stop him to ________ that I am writing a series of stories on the Boycott for the business magazine.
A. describe B. suggest C. declare D. state
4. Jack is a great talker. It’s high time that he ________ something instead of just talking.
A. will do B. has done C. do D. did
5. You ______ be Carol. You haven’t changed a bit after all these years.
A. must B. can C. will D. shall
6. He ______ comb his hair at the table even through he knows I don’t like it .
A.shall B.may C.will D.can
7. Jack _______ yet, otherwise he would have telephoned me．
A. mustn’t have arrived
B. shouldn’t have arrived
C. can’t have arrived
D. need not have arrived
8. —What are you doing，dear?
—I’m watching the football game.
—What? You _____ your homework first.
A. would have done B. must have done
C. should have done D. may have done
9. —Mike, I can't find my watch anywhere.
—You it while working out.
A. may have lost B. could have lost
A. would have lost D. should have lost
10. What a pity! Considering his ability and experience, he better.
A. need have done B. must have done
A. can have done D. might have done
11. Wind power is an ancient source of energy ______ we may return in the near future.
A. on which B. by which
C. to which D. with which
12. The old town has narrow streets and small houses _______are built close to each other.
A. they B. where C. what D. that
13. One of the most interesting places in Beijing ___ the foreigners want to visit is the Great Wall.
A. which B. that C. what D. where
14. - Is that the small town you often refer to?
- Right, just the one _____ you know I used to work for years.
A. that B. which C. where D. what
15. Can you tell me the way _____I can improve my English?
A. in which B. which C. by which D. at which
16. So they married and lived happily together. Every time she made coffee for him, she put in some salt, the ______ he liked it.
A. method B. style C. manner D. way
17. The settlement is home to nearly 1,000 people, many of ______ left their village homes for a better life in the city.
A. whom B. which C. them D. those
18. Many children, _______parents are away working in big cities, are taken good care of in the village．
A. their B. whose C. of them D. with whom
19. We lost our way in that small village, otherwise we ________ more places of interest yesterday.
A. Visited B. had visited C. would visit D. would have visited